Bad quality of adaptor pieces make thermostat unusable
Antwort als hilfreich markieren
0Positive Markierungen
Antwort als nicht hilfreich markieren
0Negative Markierungen
Melden Sie diesen Beitrag
28.10.2012, 20:25
Hello,

I have bought 4 thermostatic valves now, and I have some serious problems with the quality of the adaptor pieces. Everything is in plastic and it's not strong enough. When the valves adjust in the beginning the whole device simply pops off the radiotor. Apparantly the pressure is too high, and after several attempts the screwthread is worn out.

I have now used all adaptor pieces I had, and only one valve is holding it. The other three valves can't be fitted anymore.

Here are my questions :

- is there any place where I can buy the same adaptor pieces in metal ?
- if no metal exists, is it possible to get additional adaptor kits ?

Thanks for your reply,

Soitjes.
Aw: Bad quality of adaptor pieces make thermostat unusable
0Positive Markierungen
0Negative Markierungen
29.10.2012, 11:04
There are adaptor pieces in metal availabe from ELV or Conrad Elektronik.

At least you must have a thread of M30 x 1,5 mm, so it is easily to mount the heating thermostate. If it is smaller or bigger you need the right adaptor.

First identify your valve of your radiator.
If you don't know your valve, this overview from ELV will help you a little bit:
Compartibility list.

When you have identified your valve look at the shops, if there is an adaptor availabe.

@Conrad Elektronik-Shop look for "Messing-Adapter"
@ELV-Shop look for "Adapter für Heizungsventil"

Im my case i had a "ISTA"-valve. So I needed the right adaptor: M32 x 1,0 mm --> M30 x 1,5 mm (found @ ELV-Shop)
1x Max!Cube (Firmware xxx - MAX!Software V1.4.5), 4 x Heizungsregler (V1.5) mit Messingmuttern 30 mm, 4 x Wandthermostat (V1.2), 7 x Fensterkontakt, 2 x Zwischenstecker, Android App MAX!Remote
Aw: Bad quality of adaptor pieces make thermostat unusable
0Positive Markierungen
0Negative Markierungen
29.10.2012, 17:30
Thanks very much, your information was really helpful. I immediately found my radiator valve in the compatibility list, but it turned out that adaptor it was proposing was in ... plastic :( (http://www.elv.de/adapter-fuer-heizungsventil-herz-comap-u-a-m28-x-1-5-mm.html)

So I looked at Conrad, where I found a metal adaptor for Comap (which are the valves where I have problems).

Thanks again,

Soitjes.